We are happy to host pre-arranged visits by groups outside normal museum opening hours, during the day or in the evening. An introductory talk, either before the visit or when you arrive at the museum, can usually be arranged if requested.
To book a visit or a walk, please telephone 01494 727409 or 723700.
We can also arrange a guided walk as part of your visit to the museum. Choose either:
- A walk around the Old Town looking at the historic buildings and hearing about people who lived there, or
- A Martyrs Walk, with a guide in medieval costume, following in the footsteps of the Lollards who were burnt at the stake for their beliefs, including the right to read an English translation of the Bible.
- £3.00 each for a pre-arranged museum visit with a minimum charge of £30.00, or
- £3.00 each for a walk with a minimum charge of £30.00, or
- £5.00 each for a combined museum visit and walk with a minimum charge of £50.00.
Sometimes groups enjoy having lunch at one of the many pubs or restaurants between the walk and museum visit. Evening visits can be arranged if preferred.
To set the scene at the beginning of your visit to the museum, there is a specially commissioned short film about the history of Amersham.